Technical Tour of IBM PureData Systems
Kick-start learning on IBM® PureData® Systems expert integrated solutions, which utilize IBM DB2® database for Linux and as a core technology. James Cho, architect for PureData System for Transactions and PureData System for Operational Analytics, introduces these solutions at the technical level. This on-demand session also briefly covers PureData for Analytics powered by IBM Netezza® technology, providing a complete picture of the PureData Systems portfolio.
This session covers the following technical aspects of the transactional and operational analytics solutions:
- Which type of workload is well suited for which system
- Fully integrated management features that streamline the management process and automate routine tasks
- Applying database patterns to help speed deployment, provisioning, and replicating databases
- Expert integrated and optimized out of the factory to help ensure built-in scalability and reliability with automatic failover for enhanced system responsiveness
- Cloud-based capabilities for transactional and operational analytics systems, with application-as-a-service and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) features
- Advanced DB2 features such as adaptive compression that helps to maximize existing storage resources and improve performance
- Support for DB2 applications without change and Oracle applications with minimal change
Check out this on-demand, informative webcast to get the learning process started. This Tech Talk also kicks off some deep dives on these integrated expert systems.