Information On Demand 2013 Call for Speakers Now Open
2013 marks the 8th anniversary of Information On Demand—the premiere IBM event where IT professionals meet to learn how to make the most of IBM’s information management and analytics technologies from experts like you.
If you had the opportunity to watch IBM CEO Ginni Rometty’s March 7 speech at the Council on Foreign Relations (transcript available here), you heard her discuss how “data will be the basis of competitive advantage for any organization” and that “data is the next natural resource.” Please keep this in mind as you develop your proposals.
As in past years, the information management forum at Information On Demand will be organized around major focus areas. This year’s focus areas are:
- Emerging big data technologies
- Database servers and tools
- Data warehousing and analytics
- Information integration and governance
- Information solution architecture
We are soliciting presentations that provide cutting-edge technical training that covers (but is not limited to) the following topics or goals. Please review the Information On Demand website for hot topics specific to each focus area.
- Real world experiences: Lessons learned, industry-specific examples, use cases, or case studies
- Getting started with big data: Where to begin?
- Architecting for the new era of computing: Big data, social, mobile, cloud
- Data as strategy and driver of technology
- Role of the data scientist, as a data collaborator, and data curator in the organization
- Managing the life cycle of data
- Leveraging data and analytics for competitive advantage
- Mastering big data at its source
- Understanding and integrating data from any source, including new big data sources
- Open data initiatives
- Privacy and security in the era of big data
- Architecting and developing next generation applications
- Delivering maximum performance, scale, availability, manageability, security, and privacy
Your target audience consists largely of IT professionals from a broad range of roles. Target roles include (but are not limited to):
- Architects and CTOs
- Information strategists and chief data officers
- Line-of-business managers
- DBAs and IT managers
- Performance engineers
- Data scientists and business analysts
- Data curators
- Data governance professionals
- Data security specialists
- Master data professionals
- Data-driven application developers
We are seeking proposals that include the presenters’ names, roles, contact information, organizations represented, topics, products covered, abstract, and whether you are an IBM Champion. All submissions must be submitted via the online submission form. All sessions must be submitted and presented in English.
Please be thoughtful in your proposals. Submissions must be complete. Every year we receive many more proposals than can be accommodated. The program committee will evaluate all submissions based on quality and relevance to the program theme and focus areas.
Sessions are 60 minutes in length. Plan for 50 minutes of content plus 10 minutes of Q&A.
Submissions will not be accepted after the deadline. Where employer, client, or government authorization is needed, it is the responsibility of the author(s) to obtain such authorization prior to submitting final materials.
When you are ready to submit, click here.
- Call for speakers open: Thursday, April 4, 2013
- Call for speakers closed: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: Friday, June 14, 2013
- Final presentation due: Friday, September 20, 2013
I didn’t see any mention of specific products in the call for speakers. Why? Because Information On Demand is still the place to learn about the complete IBM Information Management portfolio. When submitting your proposal, please select the products and solutions covered in your submission.
Please direct any questions about call for speakers’ process to [email protected].
Thank you for your contributions towards making 2013 the best conference yet.
Your program chair,