SAP Support for IBM DB2 with BLU Acceleration
Following from the recent IBM announcement that SAP supports IBM® DB2® 10.5 with BLU Acceleration data management, the following SAP OSS support notes* document the release:
- 1555903 – DB6: Supported DB2 Database Features
- 1851853 – DB6: Using DB2 10.5 with SAP Applications
- 1819734 – DB6: Use of BLU Acceleration
- 1825340 – DB6: Use of BLU Acceleration with NetWeaver BW
- 1889656 – DB6: Mandatory SAP NW BW corrections for BLU Acceleration
- 1834310 – DB6: Use of DB2 BLU Acceleration with DB2 near-line storage
The release notes and support packs enable organizations running SAP on DB2 databases to leverage BLU Acceleration for speed of thought analytics to SAP applications, SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW), and IBM DB2 Near-Line Storage. DB2 with BLU Acceleration is designed to deliver in-memory performance for queries through a combination of dynamic in-memory columnar processing, actionable compression, parallel vector processing, and data skipping technologies.
DB2 10.5 with BLU Acceleration is available complimentary to existing SAP IBM DB2 Application Specific Licensing (ASL) licensees, providing substantial performance gains because BLU Acceleration runs on existing IBM Power®- and Intel-based hardware. In addition, BLU Acceleration offers cost-effective advanced data compression, which helps improve on leading-edge, row-based compression in DB2.
* Access to the SAP OSS support notes requires an SAP Support Portal OSS ID or registration.