Thank you for your interest in the IBM Data magazine site.IBM sponsors IBM Data magazine. While IBM sponsors this magazine, all contributions represent the opinions of the individual contributors and do not necessarily represent IBM’s positions, strategies, or opinions.
This forum is intended for individuals who wish to share and discuss non-confidential business and technology-related subjects. It is not intended for personal or non-business and technology-related topics or agendas, for sharing confidential or restricted information, for aggregating lists of contacts for sale or distribution, for soliciting sales or employment, or for human resources–related purposes.
The term “IBM” refers to International Business Machines Corporation and its affiliates.
By using this site, you agree that:
- IBM employees’ use of this site is subject to the IBM Business Conduct Guidelines and your employment agreement with IBM, which you can obtain from your Human Resources contact.
- This site contains proprietary notices and copyright information, which you must observe and follow. IBM owns all content on this site—other than “user content” as defined herein (“Site Content”). IBM grants you non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited permission to access this site and the Site Content. You may not copy, reproduce, upload, post, modify, transmit, mirror on another site or in any other media, distribute or create derivative works of this site or the Site Content. IBM does not grant you any express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
- You are responsible for all content that you upload, post, display, submit or otherwise transmit—”post”—to this site. “User Content” includes all information, profiles, personal information, contact data, submissions, ideas, tags, messages, recommendations, text, material, articles, photos, music, posts, comments, responses, email and other content you post on this site. You agree to only post User Content that you created or developed or that you have permission or authorization to post. IBM may, in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason at all, access, delete, edit, or remove any User Content posted on this site, without permission of or notification to the participant who posted the User Content. IBM may—but is not obligated to—monitor the activities and postings of participants—or be alerted to the same—on this site for any reason, such as if IBM believes such action is necessary to comply with any law or act in an emergency.
- User Content may be made available to third party search engines on the Internet as well as through the site’s search engine. User Content that you post will be available for use on a global basis by IBM, other participants, and third parties who may view User Content on the Internet without royalties or restrictions. IBM, other participants, and third parties who view the User Content on the Internet may use User Content, in whole or in part, for any purpose, may create derivative works thereof, and may sublicense others to do the same.
- You may remove your User Content and cease being a participant in IBMdatamag.com at any time. If you remove your User Content, your User Content will no longer be displayed on the IBMdatamag.com platform, but IBM may, if it so chooses, archive and retain copies of your User Content. In addition, IBM may continue to use User Content as provided in Section 5 above.
- IBM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE ACCURACY OF ANY USER CONTENT POSTED. PARTICIPANTS SHALL REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USER CONTENT THEY POST. USER CONTENT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OR OPINIONS OF IBM. IBM DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY USER CONTENT IS CORRECT OR ACCURATE AND IBM DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY USER CONTENT.
- USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SITE CONTENT, INCLUDING ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, SERVICES, AND PROGRAMS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER. IBM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, AND OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. IBM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT, INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- IF YOU SUFFER ANY HARM OR LOSSES AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, YOU MAY CEASE BEING A PARTICIPANT IN IBMDATAMAG.COM, WHICH SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR SUCH HARM OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL IBM BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM THIS SITE OR ANY USE OF THIS SITE, OR OF ANY SITE OR RESOURCE LINKED TO, REFERENCED, OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, OR FOR THE USE OR DOWNLOADING OF, OR ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOST SAVINGS, OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA, EVEN IF IBM IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS EXCLUSION AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORIES.
- IBM may, at any time, modify, change, discontinue, or terminate the IBMdatamag.com website, in whole or in part.
- IBM is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any sites linked to from this Site.
- From time to time, IBM may add specialized sections or areas of this Site—such as those targeting specific topics for discussion or specific participants—or may offer for download software or other materials, for which additional terms and conditions may be applicable. Prior to your participation in such specialized sections or areas or your download of such materials, your acceptance of such additional terms and conditions will be required.
- You agree to comply with all applicable export (and reexport) and import laws, regulations, orders, and policies, including the Export Administration Regulations, trade and economic sanctions maintained by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Asset Control and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations maintained by the Department of State.
- IBM will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. For more information, please go to IBM’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notices. IBM will terminate without notice participants who are “repeat infringers” of copyrights.
Please be civil and professional (no shameless self-promotion) in your comments.
IBMdatamag.com will review all comments before approving and posting to this site. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to not publish comments. IBM also reserves the right to remove profanities and other objectionable content in comments. If IBM removes profanities and other objectionable content, it will indicate to readers that it has made changes and it will also indicate the nature of those changes. During this process, IBM will not change the general meaning of the comment.